SOLA SALON STUDIOS CANADA, INC.
- "personal information" means information about an individual. Personal information does not include information that cannot be attributed to an individual, for example, information of an aggregate or anonymous nature.
Personal Information Made Anonymous
To the extent that we make any personal information anonymous or we aggregate it with the personal information of others, then that information will no longer be considered to be personal information. Therefore, Sola will be entitled to use and disclose personal information in any manner that it desires provided the personal information has been rendered anonymous or aggregated where that information cannot be attributed to any individual.
Choosing to Provide Personal Information
In using the Services and in dealing with us you will have the ability to control the amount of personal information you provide to us and therefore you may restrict the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you by not providing personal information in connection with the Services or us in the first place. However, if you choose to limit the personal information you provide, it may limit the manner in which you can make use of the Services or otherwise interact with Sola.
Depending on the circumstances, your consent may be express or implied. Express consent would arise if you specifically consented to a particular dealing in your personal information. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent can be inferred from the circumstances and, in particular, where the uses and disclosures are readily apparent at the time we collect the personal information. For example, if you send us an email requesting certain information, we will use the email address in your email to send you the requested information without asking you if we can do so: your consent will be implied in those circumstances. As well, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for a particular purpose if you voluntarily provide the information for that purpose.
Changing Your Consent
You may change or withdraw the consents you have provided at any time on reasonable notice by contacting our Privacy Officer as set out below. Further, you may change or withdraw the default consents set out in this Policy at any time on reasonable notice by contacting our Privacy Officer. If you withdraw certain consents, it may limit the manner in which you can make use of the Services and to otherwise interact with us. For clarity, your ability to change or withdraw consent is not absolute. Sola reserves the right to continue handling your personal information in those circumstances required or permitted by law despite a change or withdrawal of consent.
Set out below are certain circumstances where we may use your personal information without obtaining any further consent. By providing personal information to us, we are assuming that you are consenting to
these uses unless you inform us otherwise. These are:
- when you make an appointment or place an order to purchase a product or service, we will collect information relating to the same including, as applicable, time and date of the appointment, what was ordered, the purchase price, payment information, delivery address and the order date. This information is used to fulfill our obligations relating to the foregoing.
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name and e-mail address to provide information about Sola and the Services when you request that information;
- using payment method preferences and related financial information that you provide to us so that we can obtain payment for the products and services that you ordered;
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name and e-mail address so that we can identify you and deliver products and services that you request and to communicate with you regarding those products and services;
- using information relating to your preferences so that we are able to deliver our products and services to you in accordance with those preferences;
- using relationship information such as your service requests, instructions, comments and feed back to assist us in delivering products and services in accordance with your wishes;
- using personal information for the purpose for which it was provided and certain other activities that are reasonably ancillary to that purpose. For example, if you send us an e-mail with a question or comment, Sola will use your e-mail address to respond to you. Further, Sola may store your e-mail and e-mail address and a copy of our response for future reference;
- using your e-mail address to provide you with information about new features or enhancements to our products and services;
- analyzing personal information and how the Services are being used to assist us in developing and enhancing our products and services; and
- analyzing personal information and how the Services are being used to assist us in conducting market analysis and strategic planning.
Sola has many independently owned and operated franchises that provide our salon offerings. In that regard, we provide a number of services to support our franchisees. As such, a franchisee may provide your personal information to us to enable us to assist that franchisee with its operations and, as such, we may use your personal information in order to provide that assistance.
Set out below are certain circumstances where we may disclose your personal information without obtaining any further consent. By providing personal information to us, we are assuming that you are these uses unless you inform us otherwise. These are:
- Personal information that is supplied when using the Services will be disclosed in accordance with the description of disclosures as set out in the related documentation for the Services or as may be readily apparent through the general operation of the Services;
- Sola may engage certain service providers. Those service providers may provide services to Sola to assist Sola in its activities. Other service providers may provide services directly to you at the request of Sola. As such, it may be necessary for Sola to disclose your personal information to these service providers. However, Sola will take steps to ensure that these service providers will only use and disclose your personal information as necessary to provide the services.
To use certain of the Services, such as certain parts of a website or one of our mobile applications, you may be required to open an account and to provide certain personal information in connection with that account. You may access, modify or delete your account at any time.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information through certain
mechanisms, including, but not limited to:
- Log Information: We collect and log information about your access and use of our website and mobile applications, such as your domain name and/or your IP address, the type of browser you use, access times, pages or information viewed, browsing behavior, the page you visited before navigating to our website and any search terms and search engines used to find the Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to
access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device use, access times, pages or information viewed, browsing behavior, the page you visited before identifiers, settings of the device and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the precise location of your device or computer each time you access or use our websites or mobile applications, including geolocation information associated with your computer or device's IP address, your mobile device's GPS signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use the Services.
- Information Collected with Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts, to collect information about you and your interaction with our Services, including information about your browsing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory. Web beacons (also knowns as clear GIFs and pixel tags) are electronic images that may be used with our Services or emails. Embedded scripts are programming code that run when you use our Services which can facilitate the collection of information.
The foregoing mechanisms and the information collected are used to: (i) to recognize a visitor when they return and to tailor the information and services provided to the visitor based on their previous visits; (ii) understand use of the Services, such as number of visits, average time spent on the Services, pages viewed, features used and campaign effectiveness; (iii) improve the Services and related systems; (iv) assist with the operation and management of the Services; and (v) monitor use of the Services, to ensure proper operation, security and to prevent misuse.
For more information about the foregoing, and how to disable them, please see "Managing Cookies, Trackers and Scripts and Location and Social Media Information" below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
In some instances, we may collect your personal information directly from a third party. In that case, we will generally either obtain your consent to do so or we will require that the third party confirm to us that they are entitled to disclose your personal information to us. For example, we may receive information about you from a social media service that you use and, with your consent, we may link or combine that information with information we collect about you. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media service or if you associate your social media account with your Sola account or with your employment application with us, we will have access to certain information from that service, such as your name, account information and friends lists, depending on the consents you ha> the social media service.
We may combine all of this information with information about you that we collect from you.
Social Media Features
The Services may use certain social media features (such as the Facebook "Like" button) which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social media feature. These social media services use a variety of trackers which collect personal information even if you do not use these features on our Services. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection, processing and disclosure in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising on Social Media Sites
We may also work with social media services to serve you ads as part of a customized campaign on third party platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter). As part of these ad campaigns, we may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertisements customized to your interests. Note that the social media services may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized advertisements.
Some web browsers may provide the option to transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites a user visits. We currently do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
Managing Cookies, Trackers and Scripts and Location and Social Media Information
Many web browsers have settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, web beacons and other trackers and to allow you to block these cookies, web beacons and other trackers and may allow you to disable scripts. If you block any of these items you may not be able to access certain parts of the websites making up the Services or certain functionality or features may not work properly or may not be available. You may be able to block cookies, web beacons and other trackers and scripts by following the instructions on your browser. Your browser may also allow you to delete cookies and other trackers already stored.
As well, your computer or mobile device or browser may allow you to prevent your location from being shared with third parties.
As set out above, many social media services allow you to select how your personal information is collected, used and shared. Please check with your social media services for your options.
Storage and Processing Information Outside Canada
Certain of our affiliated companies are located in the United States. As well, certain of our service providers are located outside of Canada. As such, we may transmit your personal information to our affiliated companies and to third parties who are located outside Canada to assist us in the operation of our business. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to the delivery and the storage, processing and handling of your personal information outside of Canada. Please note that many governments around the world can require that organizations under their jurisdiction deliver information, including personal information, that is in the control of that organization to the government. This is often done without notice to or the consent of the affected individual.
Other Collection, Use and Disclosure
As well, the law permits or requires the collection, use and disclosure of personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual in a number of circumstances. We reserve the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information in these circumstances without your knowledge or consent as the law may permit or require.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by third-party websites and services. Please exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Accuracy and Completeness
When we collect, use or disclose personal information, we will make a reasonable effort to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date and complete. To do so, we may need to request additional information from you or have you verify your information. If your personal information does change, we would appreciate it if you could inform us of those changes in order that your personal information in our possession remains accurate.
Retention and Destruction
For legal and business purposes we may retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably needed. Upon expiry of the appropriate retention period, bearing in mind our reasonable legal and business requirements, your personal information will either be destroyed in a secure manner or made anonymous. You should be aware that there are legally required minimum retention periods, which Sola must and does observe.
Security of Personal Information
We implement and maintain industry standard organisational, physical and electronic security measures designed to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, modification or destruction, taking into account the sensitivity of the personal information. While these security measures are implemented and maintained in accordance with the foregoing standards and in accordance with applicable law, they may nevertheless be breached by motivated individuals despite our efforts.
Requests with Respect to Personal Information
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to access your personal information in our possession or control, be informed of how we have used and disclosed your personal information and to have incorrect information corrected. To make a request please contact us as set out below. All requests may be subject to reasonable fees and disbursements. We require that all requests be in writing and be signed by the requestor. As well, we required sufficient information and detail from the requestor in order to verify their identity, properly locate the information and respond to the request.
Contacting or Communicating with Us
- have any questions with respect to our privacy policies or practises;
- have any questions with respect to our handling of your personal information;
- if you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information under our care or control; or
- if you are dissatisfied with our handling of your personal information or any of our responses,
please contact our Privacy Officer at:
|Attention: Privacy Officer|
|Contact:||Sola Salon Studios Canada, Inc.|