What is a Sola Salon Studio?
Posted on November 10, 2022
Have you been dreaming of leaving your salon for greener pastures? Maybe you have been shopping around for a salon with better benefits or a better vibe? Perhaps you have dreamed of starting your own salon but do not know where to start? Maybe you have heard of beauty professionals going solo and launching their own studio and wondered - why can’t that be me? **Hint: It can!**
Whatever your stage of salon studio curiosity, we’re here to introduce you to Sola’s salon studio model - intended to transform beauty professionals into full-fledged business owners.
So, what exactly is a salon studio?
Sola’s salon studios are move-in ready salons, perfect for one-on-one privacy with clients. In a studio space all to yourself, you have the freedom and support to build your very own salon business. Inside a salon studio, you do not have to worry about filling chairs in a larger salon or handling salon chaos. At Sola, it is just you and your clients.
With this kind of freedom, you have the opportunity to set your own hours, build your own schedule, determine your own niche and create the salon brand of your dreams. In a salon studio, you have the chance to be your own boss and experience true entrepreneurship, or as we like to call it, #Solapreneurship.
Salon studios are available in a variety of layouts for all types of beauty professionals, including hairdressers, nail technicians, estheticians, makeup artists and more.
Each studio comes equipped with:
- Space for seeing 1-2 clients (we offer single and double suites)
- Floor-to-ceiling walls with sliding glass doors
- High-end cabinetry
- Comfortable client chairs
- A shampoo bowl and/or sink
- Retail shelving
- Oversized mirrors
- Cabinets and drawers
- Facilities manager for up-keep and cleanliness of common areas
- Utilities and WiFi included
We also offer double suites which are perfect for:
- More space to see more clients if you have an assistant or team that requires more space
- Collaboration on creative projects (ie. video production, education, etc.) with other beauty professionals and creators
- You are a content creator and need space for media production
- If you do not want to go fully solo, you can start a salon with one or two other professionals in your niche. This is still an intimate and easy-to-operate business, but can be done in collaboration with aligned partners.
Traditional Salon vs. Salon Studio
Beyond just a space, Sola is a community…
With a salon studio, you pay monthly rent, but the access gained is so much beyond a physical space. By opening a Sola salon studio, you are joining a community with more than 19,000 independent salon owners as peers, and entering into a network of support, education and business expertise unrivaled in the beauty industry.
At Sola, while you may be in business for yourself, you are not in business by yourself. That is what makes Sola so unique.
Take it from Solapreneur, Shelbie Donoho, "Even though we are our own boss, Sola created this awesome opportunity where we still have each other just a couple steps away. If you need help, ask for it, we are a Sola family in this Sola community."
When you launch your salon studio, Sola is there to provide:
- A community of more than 19,000 independent salon owners to call your Sola family
- A Start-Up Manual with licensing documents, tax information, marketing and business expertise
- Professional liability insurance to protect you and your salon business
- SolaGenius technology to help you run your business: a user-friendly, reliable and convenient booking system made for Sola professionals to manage clients, automate communications, track client history, schedule around your personal calendar, accept payments and receive analytics.
- Sola Pro: our Sola app offering a free webpage for your salon business, educational videos, workshops and webinars
- Your very own Sola website listing on www.solasalons.com, manageable in the Sola Pro app, to showcase your salon and build your client base
- Sola Sessions: live educational events featuring educators and industry leaders, providing an opportunity to connect with your Sola community live
- The Sola Blog, featuring business and marketing tips and success stories shared from the Sola community
- BeautyHive: an online store for stocking salon essentials and backbars that puts Sola professionals first, with free shipping, rewards and exclusive offers just for Sola pros