Business & Marketing
Best Practices to Reopen Your Studio #SolaStrong
Posted on June 22, 2021
Sola Salon Studios
To our beloved #SolaFam, we are so excited to get you back into your studios! As we look toward mandates lifting, we want to make sure that you are set to reopen your doors #SolaStrong. At Sola, we have so many resources to help make this process easier for you. From your Sola webpage to tips and tricks on the Sola Blog to a new guide regarding sanitization best practices, we have thought of everything to make your transition back to your studio as strong as it can possibly be.
Please follow the below checklist to ensure that you are set and ready to greet all of your clients in this post-COVID19 world. As always, we are here for whatever you need.
Remember, alone we are strong and together we are stronger. #SolaStrong
It’s important to note that any resources, such as recorded webinars, will need to be viewed inside the Sola Pro app. Please make sure to have the Sola Pro app downloaded on a mobile device and click on the links on that device in order to access these valuable resources.
As the world continues to adjust to the effects of COVID-19, expectations are changing around social interactions and attention to cleanliness is incredibly important. Make sure to set your salon up for optimal health and safety practices for reopening after quarantine.
- Get Barbicide Certified and order all requisite supplies
- Read our blog on Sanitation Best Practices
- Download our Back-to-Work guide
- Order masks and additional capes
- Purchase hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies for your studio
- Read our blog on Learning to Communicate Your Policies to Your Clients
- Read all communications from your Sola manager about reopening guidelines carefully. There will likely be different procedures and practices based on your local state or county.
Reopening after closure is a great time to rethink your hours, pricing and overall business plan. Get to know your numbers and key performance indicators to get set up for success and make the most of the influx of customers you will see over the next few months.
- Get a tutorial on understanding your business with our Understanding Your Sola Business Webinar or read the blog post.
- Update and revisit your Sola Pro app to make sure you have access to all of Sola’s education and deals.
- Determine your schedule and if you want to add extra hours and days to help service all your customers after the closure.
- Consider raising your prices if the timing feels right. Watch this webinar for tips and best practices on how to confidently raise your prices.
- Create a Business Plan: Read this guide or watch this webinar inside the Sola Pro app to learn more.
Communicating with your clients is the most impactful way to connect, build trust, and nurture relationships especially as you begin to re-book appointments. There are many ways to do this, including email, text message marketing, social media, and good old-fashioned phone calls. We recommend using technology, to make communicating easy and effective. See below for more tips on how to best communicate your reopening.
- Re-book clients effectively. Check out our blog with re-booking tips!
- Send an email of reassurance to your clients new and old, explaining all the steps you’ve taken to sanitize and disinfect your salon.
- Send out text & email communications to announce the reopening of your studio! You can find pre-written communications for reopening here.
Marketing & Social Media 💻
As you prepare to reopen your salon, consider revisiting your marketing strategy. Think about how you want to reach your customers, both online and offline. Having an online presence is so important for a small business to make sure that clients can find you and book an appointment with you! If you have some time before reopening, consider doing these things.
- Update your Sola webpage. Check our blog or watch our webinar "How to Make Your Webpage Rock!"
- Make sure your social media profile(s) are robust by:
- Making it public so people can learn all about your salon and what you specialize in
- Adding or updating your bio and about section
- Adding links to visit your webpage
- Add your booking link everywhere. Watch this webinar to learn how!
- Brush Up on Social Media Best Practices
- Connect with Sola:
- Follow brands that inspire you and connect with other Sola professionals for inspiration
- Engage, engage, engage!
- Create your referral program. Check out our 6 Tips For a Rockstar Referral Program.
Product and Retail 🛍
As you’re getting ready to reopen your studio, don’t forget to put in an order for retail and back bar! Your clients may be running low on all of their beauty care needs and remember that you make 100% of your retail profits. Also, with all businesses just reopening, including distributors, you’ll want to make sure you get in touch with your distributor nice and early so you are stocked and ready. Make sure to ask your distributor if they are offering curbside pickup! See the tips below to ensure you have all your product and back bar ready for opening.
- Touch base with your sales rep to see if anything is different in ordering procedures now than it was before
- Order color and back bar as soon as possible to ensure you have what you need for reopening
- Consider reopening product specials. Clients are going to need to re-stock!
- Head over to the Sola Blog to read a few amazing retail tips.
Studio and Decor ✨
As you get back into your studio for a deep cleaning and sanitization, now is the time to make small updates to make it feel like new for your returning guests! Small changes can make a big impact on your overall studio experience.
- Update the vibe for your studio. Read this blog on ways to Feng Shui your salon.
- Add or refresh accessories and decor that express your personality and creativity.
- Don’t forget the tunes! Music can make a big impact on a client’s experience 🎶
- For more studio inspiration, check out our Instagram feed! 📸